- The Breath-Body-Mind web site includes this full list of scientific publications as well as an expanded calendar of workshops , videos, and other resources.
- Richard P. Brown and Patricia Gerbarg, The Healing Power of the Breath book and CD set. Print and e-book available on Amazon.com. Copies are available for loan from the Westchester Library System and can be purchased at Interest Group sessions.
- Located here are several articles provided by Dr. Gerbarg and Dr. Brown for thos who wish to explore the underlying science.
See NoLimitGen.org for Dr. Gerbarg’s series on Emotional Well-being & Healing Practices for Children. A sample is posted below.
See also this description of the work done with BBM in Chemung County for an idea of how powerful this practice can be for children and ways it can be integrated into school programming.
HOW IT WORKS:
June 2020 presentation at Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior. (Below) Includes an explanation of the science by Dr. Gerbarg and demonstration by Dr. Brown.
A TYPICAL PRACTICE:
Two videos: Dr. Brown teaches a full breathing practice (from Healthflix) and a coherent breathing practice.
Tools to pace your breathing
- NEW: 5 BREATHS AUDIO TRACK. https://naturalsinger.com/5-breaths (donation suggested; 60minute track has NO voice intro)
- 2 Bells Chimes (25 minutes of 5 breaths/minute)
Available on Amazon (Prime) Music app, Apple Music app, Spotify app. To locate 2 bells track: Search for the album “Respire 1 Coherence” (You can also go to the website – https://coherentbreathing.com/ – to purchase the full album.
- There are a number of apps available for iOS and Android to time breathing. Two examples are below.:
Breathing Zone ($2.99) – Can set the breath rate, different sounds (for iPhones only)
Breath2Relax – Has visual as well as auditory prompts, can adjust breath rate; only does 16 cycles (about 3 minutes)